Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Finding the perfect photographer

So... I sort of have a problem with wedding blogs. I'm completely obsessed. I browse probably 25-30 wedding photography blogs daily, and lurk around on some fun wedding style blogs. (You can check out some of my favs on the right.)

Today I came across this post on one of my favorite sites by a fabulous photographer (Parker J) who I'd never really seen before. And I think it says what we try to express about connecting with your wedding photographer, as well as how to see if the photographer has consistently awesome photos. My favorite line? "Don’t settle with your wedding images. This day only happens once."

Check out the article here.

This "settling" sentiment really resonates with me. We got into wedding photography because, though our own photographer was very sweet and talented, we didn't get exactly what we wanted. We were really concerned with the price, so we got a novice, and we got a decent return for what we paid for. But if I could do anything over again, it would be to put more work into getting two fabulous photographers that get to know me and can therefore photograph who I am, not just what I'm doing. And that's why we do what we do.

No comments: