Friday, September 21, 2007

Experimenting














My new goal is to become more creative in post-process work. I am by training a black and white film photographer, so much of my work post process is to do what I knew how to do in the darkroom- correct whites and blacks, present a real-looking picture. But sometimes its nice to have something different. This will keep my shooting fresh, and encourage me to look for alternative angles and lighting that can later be converted into something like you see above.

Wedding photography changed drastically when photojournalism became popular, and it is on its way to change again as wedding photos become mini works of art. I hope to eventually be able to do a fine art piece for each wedding we shoot. Each bride and groom would then have a custom-designed work of art to not only hang on their wall, but to remember their wedding day.

I’m so inspired and excited!

H

No comments: